An accomplished chef for over 3 decades, Alan works as a restaurant consultant as well. His clients include Aviva Restaurant, Authentaco, Pensiero Ristorante, Cinetopia, Cobb Theatres’ CinéBistro, Live Nation Regular Guy Golf Tournament, Purpur Zurich, Izakaya Hiwatta Japan and The Shelbourne Hotel Dublin.
- Award winning Chef for 40+ years working in Chicago, Los Angeles, S. Florida, Phoenix, Maui, Paris, Vegas, Vancouver, Provence, Toronto, Mumbai, Japan, Dublin and Zurich
- 3 Star food rating from the California Restaurant Writers Association- Sunset Marquis
- Mobil 4 Diamond award- Sunset Marquis
- Author of over 40 feature articles and has written 2 manuscripts- “The Garlic Manifesto” a 10,000 year look back on the history of garlic from Neolithic caves thru the pyramids to the present, and Home Cookin’-the stories behind the food, a series of personal profiles on great home cooks and their recipes.
- First American chef at the French Consulate, Los Angeles
- Participated and hosted numerous “Great Chefs of LA” events.
- As Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage at the Sunset Marquis Hotel in Los Angeles, and also while working as the personal Chef to Live Nation in Phoenix, Lake has cooked for the likes of an impressive “A” list of Music and Hollywood celebrities including: Bono and the Edge, George Harrison, Julian Lennon, Tina Turner, Bruce Springsteen, Phil Collins, Julio Iglesias, Harry Connick Jr, Grace Jones, Alice Cooper, Sammy Hagar, Chrissy Hynde, Joe Cocker, Jeff Beck, Madonna, Sam Moore, Morrisey, John Paul Jones, Sinead O Conner, Nils Lofgren, Ian McDonald, Axel Rose, Ozzie Osbourn, Randy Johnston, Susanne Pleshette, Malcolm Mc Dowel, Michael Caine, Donna Mills, Peter Falk, the President of Greenpeace, the Consul General of France, and a sumptuous party given by a Prince of the Saudi Royal Family.